Friday 21 September 2012

Cake Signs. So simple.

I know I've posted this blog before but I've decided to have a spring clean and remove the 'Get Crafty' page from the blog.  After all this is supposed to be an all-things-food blog and I'm hopeless at focusing on more than one thing...  However, so I don't completely remove any potentially helpful crafty tips, I'll put them all under a new label - 'food craft' in the recipe index on the side of the blog.



But for those of you who didn't read this first time around...

I made a celebratory chocolate cake the other day, but living out in the sticks and acting on a baking whim I was lacking the 'Congratulations' sign.  Not having the culinary energy to make writing icing, I searched the house for some easy inspiration.  The combination of sellotape, cocktail sticks and an A4 pad resulted in a genius idea (if I do say so myself)....
How great is that?! You can write whatever you like, on your banners or flags and could even use them for place names for a tea party, or to explain what cake is what, or, or, or....


1. Right all you do is cut a strip of plain paper (I cut the top header strip from my A4 lined pad), write your message on one side leaving 2 cm space at either end...


2. Fold over the ends front to back...


3. Place a cocktail stick in the fold on the back side and sellotape it in the fold...


4. Selloptape the ends down to the back...


5. Stick it in your iced cake...


Ta da!

Or you can make single flags by cutting a 'V' shape and only sticking the cocktail stick at the straight end...


No comments:

Post a Comment